If you have a good sound system, you can hear footsteps approaching from behind or know which direction to run away from when a grenade explodes. With a good headphone sound system, the overall gaming experience is a lot more pleasurable.
If you frequently play online multiplayer games or are a competitive gamer, these features will be extremely useful to you. Being more aware of your opponents’ locations or the locations of potentially dangerous objects can give you a substantial advantage.
DTS Headphone X and Dolby Atmos are the two main surround sound technologies that stand head and shoulders above all others. So this is a detailed DTS Headphone X Vs Dolby headphone review to discuss the similarities and differences of both these technologies.
What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is a stable sound technology that adds “height” channels to traditional surround sound systems. Since any sound may be placed anywhere, object-based audio creates a three-dimensional, all-encompassing audio experience.
This greatly improves the audio experience by providing audio overhead. Object-based surround sound systems produce sound from all directions, including up and down, as opposed to merely the constrained, directional sound from front to rear, left to right, and vice versa.
Dolby Atmos essentially gives you a more authentic, interesting, and immersive experience that fills your listening location with sound. Dolby Atmos needs at least two additional speakers and can take up to four speakers for height channels if you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system.
A 5.1 system will become a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 system when two or four height-channel speakers are added, and a 7.1 system will do the same.
Example of Dolby Atmos Headphone
- Astro Audio V2 - immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in-game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio - Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Dolby Atmos (available for Xbox version only) - Dolby Atmos provides Object Audio, which provides a more accurate and immersive sound experience
- Game: voice balance - gives the user total control over the mix of the game and chat Audio
- Astro command center software - the free gastro command center software gives players complete control over their Audio experience, which includes voice communication and game Audio settings. Available on windows 10, Xbox one and Mac.
- Battery life - 15 plus hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Usb sound card functionality - when using PC, USB sound card functionality provides game: voice balance, game and voice streaming. No optical cables needed
- Mod kit ready - for even more customization, the optional A50 mod kit allows users to add synthetic leather headband ear cushions for improved noise isolation. Only compatible with A50 wireless headset, Gen 4
- All current ASTRO Gaming products designed for Xbox One will offer continuous compatibility on Xbox: Series
The ideal headphone with Dolby Atmos support is the Astro A50. You can now experience the acclaimed audio V2 performance and sound with the comfort and flexibility that come without wires.
Professionals and streamers can use the Astro command center program to precisely change each A50 input and output parameter for their unique configuration. For complete aural immersion, utilize the A50 wireless + base station.
With the A50 wireless + base station, gamers may enjoy the excellent acoustics (Dolby Atmos), ergonomics, comfort, and durability they desire. The new base station offers crystal-clear, low-latency voice communication and simplifies charging and pairing of headsets.
Users of the optional A50 mod kit can upgrade the noise isolation by adding a synthetic leather headband and ear cushions for even more flexibility.
DTS Headphone:X: What is it?
DTS Headphone:X reproduces the directional and spatial audio experience on multichannel speaker setups on headphones. Any pair of headphones can be used with this program, which delivers accurate sound localization using “Microsoft Spatial Sound.”
DTS:X is a surround sound technology that goes beyond traditional surround sound systems, much like Dolby Atmos. Users of DTS:X can additionally change the speech volume.
To help you in getting the greatest performance out of your pair of headphones, DTS kindly offers a database of more than 500 specially adjusted headphone profiles.
The most recent version of this software, aptly titled “DTS Headphone:X 2.0,” includes enhanced bass rendering, audio clarity, improved proximity cues, and support for high-resolution audio.
The majority of the time, it is used in video games where accuracy and immersion can give a competitive edge. DTS:X has no need for extra height channels or a certain number of speakers in any setup, in contrast to Dolby Atmos.
Instead, utilizing its auto-calibration and object-based processing, your DTS: X-enabled receiver performs all the labor-intensive work to provide multidimensional audio to the output channel it deems is best.
Since it might be challenging to hear dialogue well in many movies, this feature comes in helpful during situations with a lot of dialogue.
Example of DTS Headphone
SteelSeries Arctis Pro +
- Almighty Audio - Experience ultimate clarity and sound quality with Premium High Fidelity Drivers. Fully customize the sound experience with the Sonar Software by using a first-in-gaming Pro-grade Parametric EQ.
- 360° Spatial Audio - Immersive surround sound transports you to the gaming world, letting you hear every critical step, reload, or vocal cue to give you an advantage. *Fully compatible with Tempest 3D Audio for PS5 / Microsoft Spatial Sound.
- Active Noise Cancellation - Immerse yourself in your virtual world as a specialized 4-mic hybrid system designed for gaming tunes out ambient noise. Use Transparency Mode with variable levels to adapt to any situation.
- Infinity Power System - Hot-swap between using one battery while charging the other to keep your headset going and going and going.
- Multi-System Connect - Twin USB ports let you connect your PC, Mac, PlayStation, or Switch, and swap between them with the press of a button.
- Dual Audio Streams - Mix two audio connections at the same time, letting you chat with friends while gaming. Play with lag-free 2.4GHz while using Bluetooth simultaneously for calls, Discord, music, and podcasts.
- AI Powered Noise-Cancelling Mic -The ClearCast Gen 2 mic silences background noise to give you crystal clear comms, backed by Sonar Softwares powerful AI algorithms. The mic also fully retracts into the earcup for a sleeker lo
The Arctis Pro + GameDAC is one of the greatest examples of headphones that are supported with DTS X. They ensure that you hear high-fidelity 96 kHz / 24-bit, full-resolution audio without any downsampling.
The renowned ESS Sabre DAC and amp are part of the game audio setup. A studio-grade Clearcast microphone for unmatched voice clarity and background noise reduction is included with the Arctis Pro headset.
32 Ohm is the headphone impedance, while it also features a special ski goggle headband, Airwave performance fabric ear cushions, polished steel and aluminum alloy, and other high-end materials in its design.
Even though they weren’t made for Xbox, you can still use these headphones with the Xbox Series X|S by attaching the provided 3.5mm wire to the controller.
Comparison Between DTS Headphone X Vs Dolby Headphone
Since everyone has different interests and preferences, picking one model of headphones over another is never a simple task. Even if you have been a huge admirer of DTS since they debuted in 1993, you would never think to purchase a Dolby Digital product.
Dolby Digital gets its name from the audio compression method it employs. This technology was created by Dolby Labs, and in all these years, there has been significant progress in this field.
The company wanted to become the dominant force in the surround sound technology market. It is particularly popular with home theater audio systems. The fact that both Dolby Digital and DTS have to surround sound codecs for 5.1, the uncommon 6.1, and 7.1 installations makes them similar.
The first number for each of these configurations denotes the number of smaller surround sound speakers, and the.1 denotes a dedicated channel for the subwoofer.
One subwoofer and 7 small surround sound speakers, for example, make up a Dolby 7.1 surround sound setup. Dolby 5.1 consists of five miniature surround sound speakers and a subwoofer.
In an effort to provide perceptual data reduction, each of these formats uses perceptual approaches to remove pointless information from PCM signal output. This technique aids in maintaining high-fidelity sound levels.
Other cutting-edge formats have been created in addition to 5.1 to 7.1 surround sound systems, and more are being created to enhance and further advance sound clarity. DTS also emerged as a significant Dolby rival for surround sound in the film industry.
Dolby Digital and DTS, for example, use compression to save space on a DVD or Blu-ray dvd or with streaming bandwidth for platforms like Netflix or Hulu.
There are differences in both DTS and Dolby surround sound. Comparing this rendition to the original audio source generally shows a small deterioration. There are also digital surround sound versions without loss.
Which Sound System Is More Effective for Gaming?
The gist of the answer is that both systems will give you far more immersive gameplay, which will greatly enhance your gaming experience.
With either system, the selection of games should satisfy your needs because many Xbox and PC game titles are interoperable with both sound systems.
Both systems use object-based sounds, which is how the directionality can move in all four directions forward, back, left, and right as well as up and down.
While certain headphones are configured to operate with one system or the other, most of your favorite gaming headphones will be compatible with both systems. Which surround system is superior will probably depend on personal preference.
Finding a local store or doing some internet research to discover some examples of what the various games will sound like is a terrific way to explore each system. You might discover that, when compared to the other system, your favorite game or games simply sound better.
Good news for gamers worldwide, as the surround sound provided by both systems, is assisting in raising the gaming experience to a new level.
Also check: Balanced Vs Unbalanced Headphones
This discussion explains the difference between DTS Headphone X Vs Dolby Headphone along with the model compatibility. We shared complete details of both sound system types that can enhance a user experience.
We hope that this post has helped you better comprehend Dolby Atmos and DTS:X and that you are now prepared to experience amazing object-based, multi-dimensional surround sound in all its splendor.
Dolby Surround Sound Headphones: Are They Good for Gaming and Movie Watching?
Dolby Atmos headphones appear to be very popular among gamers because they significantly enhance and make the gaming experience more realistic.
With the Dolby Atmos function turned on, these headphones provide a comfortable method to listen to the audio while also allowing you to communicate with friends via the built-in microphone.
The ear cups are large enough to completely block out all ambient sounds, resulting in an even more intensely immersive experience.
However, the multichannel audio will give the impression that you are being attacked by bullets from all sides and by sounds that are coming at you from the front, back, sides, and above.
Are DTS Headphone X Headphones Excellent for Gaming and Movie Watching?
DTS Headphone X headphones are an outstanding option to utilize for watching movies or playing video games. Compared to using conventional headphone speakers, listening to audio in surround sound is significantly better.